The EPPO is seeking applications for the position of Budget Assistant.
As a member of the Finance & Procurement Sector, the Budget Assistant will contribute to and facilitate the development and implementation of EPPO’s budgetary and financial functions in accordance with the established EU budgetary procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Budget Assistant, reporting directly to the Head of the Finance & Procurement Sector will be responsible for:
- ensuring, together with the operational management and relevant external stakeholders, the successful management of the budgetary aspects of EPPO’s activities;
- budget planning and reporting, mainly by maintaining an overview of budget commitments and by producing reports, reconciliations and other documentation needed for the supervision of the budget implementation;
- act as a Financial Initiating Agent (FIA) for financial transactions (invoice registration and payment, budgetary commitments, recovery orders etc.) in a dedicated IT software (ABAC);
- ensuring that transactions are financially and procedurally correct in conformity with the EPPO Financial Rules and other relevant rules and guidelines;
- ensuring the respect of budgetary rules in the opening and closing of the financial year;
- performing other tasks within the Finance and Procurement Sector as required and in the interest of the service.
Full job description and information on how to apply are available below.