The European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO), the independent public prosecution office of the European Union, is seeking applications for the position of Head of Security and Facilities Sector.
The EPPO is a new and fast-growing EU body responsible for investigating, prosecuting and bringing to judgment crimes against the financial interests of the EU. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic multicultural organisation, check out our website where you will find more information about career opportunities at the EPPO, and living and working in Luxembourg.
As a member of the Security and Facilities Sector, you will provide direction and leadership to the Sector by driving the delivery of the Unit’s strategic objectives and priorities.
The Security and Facilities Sector provides the physical security of the EPPO premises, sets the requirements and monitors the physical and technical security of information held or processed by the EPPO and provides a broad range of corporate services linked to the provision, maintenance and support of the EPPO Premises and Facilities. These services range from the provision of office supplies to the organisation of large-scale events and their related missions, catering and interpretation needs. There are currently in the Sector eight staff members.
Tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of IT, Security & Corporate Services Unit, your tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
Main responsibilities for Head of Sector:
- managing the activities described in the paragraph “Organisational Context”;
- Defining, together with the Head of Unit, the strategic priorities and objectives for the Sector, in line with EPPO’s strategic objectives (ref. Single Programming Document);
- Implementing change, including risk analysis, and ensuring transition by actively involving staff in generating and realising innovative ideas;
- Driving processes’ implementation within targeted standards, empowering staff to deliver results executed with due performance monitoring and reporting (KPIs);
- Actively seeking to optimise the use of resources and implementing measures for effectiveness, efficiency and business continuity;
- Encouraging staff engagement and building trust by using open and transparent communication, by giving clear directions and objectives, by providing constructive feedback and by regularly monitoring progress; actively coach the staff to support and promote their development and career plans;
- Enabling cross-domain collaboration, information and knowledge-sharing to enhance the overall efficiency of the organisation;
- Promoting the EPPO’s mission, values, activities, achievements and image in operational activities;
- Lead by example in line with EPPO’s values and leadership principles, demonstrating managerial courage in decision-making, and integrating lessons learnt.
Specific responsibilities for Security and Facilities Sector:
- Managing the physical security of the EPPO premises which is provided by contracted guards;
- Managing the Information Security Framework designed the ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of EPPO information, including Secure Non Classified Information and EU Classified Information;
- Managing the provision of corporate services to all EPPO staff.
Further information can be found in the job description, below.