Internal Audit Officer (AD7) – EXTERNAL
The European Public Prosecutor's Office (EPPO) is seeking talented individuals to establish a reserve list for Internal Audit Officer positions.
As detailed in the vacancy notice, we are looking for an audit professional who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, is service-orientated and has an ability to engage and support a recently established EU organisation through its establishment and initial growth phases.
In essence, we are looking for a candidate who is seeking the opportunity to be part of the development of this new EU public administration component and to directly contribute to its success by building-up its Internal Audit Capability. He/she will establish and improve internal audit operating procedures and present fully independently findings and recommendation to management for consideration. The audit professionals considering this position should boast excellent active listening and negotiation skills, in particular to explain and support his/her proposals to senior management.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of the EPPO College and providing operational support to the Administrative Director in the deployment of EPPO's control environment, the tasks for the Internal Audit Officer will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Identifying elements of the EPPO risk-based Internal Audit Strategy. Proposing rolling three-year and yearly audit plans for review and adoption;
- Executing internal audit engagements required by the yearly audit plan in accordance with recognised internal audit standards;
- Ensuring that advisory and audit tasks are performed in line with the International Internal Audit Standards;
- Assisting the EPPO management in identifying and controlling risks affecting the achievement of the EPPO's objectives;
- Advising the EPPO management and staff on risk management and internal control activities, and on training program in related fields. Delivering where relevant elements of that training program. Making recommendations to the EPPO Management in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the EPPO operations and control environment;
- Monitoring the implementation of audit recommendations and report on these to the Administrative Director and the College;
- Preparing an annual report on the internal audits carried out, including an annual assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the EPPO's internal control system and an overall audit opinion;
- Liaising with other audit bodies such as the IAS and the European Court of Auditors.