Report a crime
It is not yet possible to report a criminal offense affecting the EU’s financial interests (a PIF offence) to us.
The European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO) is currently finalising its administrative set-up. This includes the establishment of the decentralised level, which will consist of European Delegated Prosecutors (EDPs) located in the 22 participating Member States, responsible for carrying out the investigations and prosecutions.
Once we are ready to start our operational activities, we will announce this date and from that day on, it will be possible to send us information about crimes through this page.
For the time being, we advise you to send any information about fraud affecting the financial interests of the European Union to the relevant competent national authorities of your Member State, i.e. the law enforcement and prosecution authorities, or to OLAF.
The EPPO will be competent to investigate and prosecute:
- Cross-border VAT fraud involving total damages of at least EUR 10,000,000.
- Other types of fraud affecting the EU’s financial interests.
- Corruption which damages, or is likely to damage, the EU’s financial interests.
- Misappropriation of EU funds or assets by a public official.
- Money laundering involving property derived from PIF offences.
- Organised crime aiming to commit PIF offenses.
- Other offenses inextricably linked to one of the previous categories.
Further information on what you can report here will follow once we have started our operations.