The European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO) is subject to the provisions of the EU Financial Regulation, applicable to the general budget of the European Union, the EPPO Financial Rules and the relevant directives relating to the coordination of procedures for the award of public contracts.
The establishment and implementation of the EPPO budget, along with its financial management, is in accordance with the principles set out in the EPPO Financial Rules.
Our Finance and Budget team is responsible for forecasting, implementing and monitoring budget appropriations. It further ensures centralized financial initiation and verification of all transactions implemented in the EPPO annual budget.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) examines the accounts of all revenue and expenditure of the EPPO and publishes an annual report on the financial statements of the Office.
The annual accounts of the EPPO are prepared for each financial year by the Accounting officer. They comprise the financial statements and the budget implementation reports. The annual accounts are subject of an independent audit by an external auditor on behalf of ECA on their reliability, and by the ECA, related to legality and regularity (compliance) of revenue and payments underlying the accounts.
Reports on Budgetary and Financial Management
In accordance with Article 94.2 of the EPPO founding Regulation and Article 104 of the EPPO Financial Rules, the EPPO shall prepare every year a report that shall give an account of EPPO’s financial situation, budget evolution and main events with impact on budgetary performance during the year.
The initial Budget for the year 2023 adopted by the College of the EPPO on 14 December 2022 amounts to EUR 65,496,394.
Final budget, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 23 November 2022: EUR 51,201,846
- Initial budget for the year 2022, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 8 December 2021: EUR 57,101,846: 2021.121_EPPO_BUDGET_2022.pdf (europa.eu)
- Amending budget No 1 for the year 2022, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 4 May 2022: EUR 57,101,846 2022.017_Decision_amending_budget_n.1_2022_1.pdf (europa.eu)
- Amending budget No 2 for the year 2022, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 31 August 2022: EUR 53,601,846 2022.037_Decision_amending_budget_n.2_2022.pdf (europa.eu)
- Amending budget No 3 for the year 2022, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 15 September 2022: EUR 53,601,846 2022.039_Decision_amending_budget_2022_n°3.pdf (europa.eu)
Final budget, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 24 November 2021: EUR 35,452,790
- Initial budget for the year 2021, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 18 December 2020: EUR 44.952.790 2020.025 Decision Budget 2021.pdf (europa.eu)
- Amending budget No 1 for the year 2021, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 9 June 2021: EUR 41,452,790 2021.072_Decision_on_amending_Budget_n.1_2021.pdf (europa.eu)
- Amending budget No 2 for the year 2021, adopted by the College of the EPPO on 22 September 2021: EUR 37,952,790 2021.095_Decision_amending_Budget_n._2_2021.pdf (europa.eu)